Wheatgrass: A Toast To Your Well-Being

efore you turn up your nose to a shot of wheatgrass, hear me out.  I am not one, as healthy as I strive to be, to drink a tall glass of freshly juiced greens to help keep my body well oxygenated and alkaline balanced.  I’d probably have to choke it down with a few gags along the way.  I am a water drinker by nature and would much rather eat the fruit or veggie than drink it.  That’s me personally and hats off to all the juicers out there, I commend you.

What I find to be much easier, more potent, all within a one ounce serving, is a shot of wheatgrass.  It is a whole meal within itself, containing most essential vitamins and minerals, 30 enzymes, is a complete protein and is 70% chlorophyll. Fresh or frozen wheatgrass contain living enzymes that are so health promoting.

Wheatgrass increases red blood-cell count and lowers blood pressure. It cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract of toxic debris. Wheatgrass also stimulates metabolism and the body’s enzyme systems by enriching the blood. It also aids in reducing blood pressure by dilating the blood pathways throughout the body.  Wheatgrass stimulates the thyroid gland, correcting obesity, indigestion, and a host of other complaints.  You’re getting tempted aren’t you?

Wheatgrass restores alkalinity to the blood. The juice's abundance of alkaline minerals helps reduce over-acidity in the blood. It can be used to relieve many internal pains, and has been used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other complaints of the gastrointestinal tract.  It relieves itching almost instantly when applied to the skin.

Wheatgrass is powerful. The enzymes and amino acids found in wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies the liver and bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.  Wheatgrass fights tumors and neutralizes toxins. Recent studies show that wheatgrass juice has a powerful ability to fight tumors without the usual toxicity of drugs. The many active compounds found in grass juice cleanse the blood as well as neutralize and digest toxins in our cells.

For my busy schedule, wheatgrass gives me more energy than even the strongest coffee.  I always incorporate shots of wheatgrass when cleansing and notice a definite overall feeling of well-being when I use it more regularly.  It is one of my favorite food “medicines”.

A few people I know grow and juice the wheatgrass themselves.  You would need a special juicer to do this.  For those of you lacking a green thumb or time,  but desiring the benefits without the work, you can do what I do;  just purchase the wheatgrass in frozen cups or cubes.  The freezing process does not affect the enzyme benefits as long as you do not put it in the microwave or heat it.

I happily do the wheatgrass “shots” as they taste sweet and an abundance of nutrition comes in one little ounce.  You will definitely notice the improvement in energy and over time, so much more.  Cheers to you and to your health as I do my shot of wheatgrass.

You can purchase wheatgrass in any reputable health food store in the freezer section. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midlife Rollercoaster Ride